Are Online Certification Courses of Any Worth?
Online courses are trending nowadays however, at some point even you have thought about whether online courses are worth anything. The competition in any field is high nowadays and everyone wants to add new skills to upgrade their resume. Online courses are easy to opt for than regular courses as –
- Less Time consuming
- Flexible Time Schedule
- Materials available 24*7
Online courses and certifications can help you in your personal development. It focuses on specific subjects rather than a degree course, online classes are mostly about specializations.
Why online certifications are so popular nowadays?
- Cost-Effectiveness: The fee for online certification courses are comparatively lower than the rates of regular classes. It is easier for anyone to have proper specialized certification without worrying much about the fee. However, the cost depends on the subject and portal you’re enrolling in.
- Self-Pacing: You can complete the online certification courses at your speed. This is one of the most important reasons why everyone is opting for online courses as the time schedule is quite flexible.
- Availability and Accessibility: Online courses unlike regular courses are available and accessible to a wider audience. This is mainly possible as the only thing a person needs to enroll for the class is a device with an internet connection. More people can get educated at once compared to traditional classroom teaching.
- Industry Focus: The main objective of these online certification courses is to fill the industry gap. Compared to the curriculum of the traditional classroom degree the curriculum of the online courses is revised as per the need of the industry.
- University Associations: Platforms providing online certificates are gradually partnering with different universities across the globe. Collaborations like these increase the academic integrity of the online certification. This also helps in maintaining the authenticity of the course content as it is developed by professors of these universities.
Another important question that comes up during the discussion about online courses is if you can input your certification details in your resume. Let’s discuss this point to get a fair idea related to it –
Should You Mention Online Certificates in Job Applications?
- Online course certificates are recognized by the employers of most companies and if the certification is relevant to the job, you might have an advantage over others.
- Recruiters usually look for people who are flexible in learning new things and upgrading themselves with new trends. Completion of these online courses shows that you’re dedicated to your field and have the urge to update your skills. Every company wants someone on board who is a learner.
These are the reason why gradually online courses are making a mark in the market. Recruiters nowadays are well aware of online courses as a learning opportunity. Online certificates from online courses play an important role as it is the proof of skills you have. It also shows your commitment as a learner.
Online certificates will help you stand out amongst other job applicants. This is usually a bonus for a recruiter when you have certifications relevant to the job profile. Famous institutions like Stanford or Harvard or big companies like Dailmer or Google are running few online certification courses which add great value to your resume.
For more such blogs visit: https://blogs.krackin.com/