Why is Good Communication Skills Important for Business?
Communication is a part of our daily life. We communicate and get to know each other better, share problems, inspire people, etc. Proper communication helps people to relate to you and get involved in your story.
Why Are Good Communication Skills Important for Business?
Talking about the professional field, mostly all the deals and marketing depends on how well you communicate. Even in terms of cracking an interview, you have to be really good at soft skills. Also, poor communication skills will result in a misunderstanding in your team resulting in frustration and lack of synergy among teammates.
7 C’s of Communication
In order to make the communication more impactful and smooth, you must know the 7 C’s of communication.
- Concise – Keeping your message to the point and short
- Clear – Have a clear picture of the message you want to send out
- Correct – Make sure the information you pass to others are correct grammatically and factually
- Complete – The message or information should contain facts and figures and not only words
- Concrete – The information you are giving out to others need to be concrete as in genuine and factual
- Courteous – You should keep in mind to be courteous and humble while sending out any message and give time to the other person to process it
- Coherent – The information or the message you are sending out should be logically phrased
Good Communication Skill You Must Have
- Self Confidence
- Ready to Adapt
- Active Learning
- Open Feedback
- Emotional Intelligence
- Tone and Volume
- Non-Verbal Communications
How to Improve Your Communication Skills?
Every one of us had basic soft skills training since nursery but how to improve that and make it even more impactful is what you’ll learn from the points given below:
The key to any proper communication is only if you listen properly. In order to become a good communicator, you must be a good listener. You need to pay attention to every detail that is being told to you.
Try to convey your message to the point. You don’t need to add filler words or ramble but to convey a proper message or information. The main information or message is lost if you don’t make your message concise.
Your body language and gestures should speak about your personality. You can create an impact with proper body language. Also, do not forget that eye contact is the key to show your confidence.
You should be open to any type of suggestions and views. Don’t have a conservative approach to things. It is important to understand positive criticism and work on that.
Usage of Medium
There are several ways through which you can communicate. Make sure you are sure the correct way for communication to make an impact on the receiver.
Communication drives any company or business to success. Good communication in any business is very much needed otherwise in long term it might cause you a cripple the whole foundation of your workplace. We, here at KRACKiN provide you with a certification course of communication in business which will help you understand the flaws in your communication and ways to correct them. You may also like our leadership and team management course which will help you become excellent leaders.
Written by Anushka Mukherjee